窗户 are a type of obstacle in Dead by Daylight .
They are the standard hole-in-a-wall which Players can quickly climb (vault) through to try and lose the Killer. They are common features in every trial, and can appear in the derelict walls that surround the Map or in and around landmarks.
Whereas the Killer usually only has a slow vaulting speed, Survivors are able to climb through walls at three different speeds:
- If a Survivor runs towards a window and has enough momentum, they will quickly vault over the window and continue running without losing speed.
- If a Survivor attempts to quickly climb through a window but they don't have enough momentum or do it at an angle, they will quickly climb over the window but with more of their body exposed, making it easier for the Killer to hit them from a distance.
- If a Survivor walks up to a window and climbs through it, the vault will be slow and quiet.
- This type of vault will not alert the Killer.
- It still makes a quiet noise that can be identified by experienced Killers if they are close enough to hear it.
If a Survivor vaults the same window three times in a single chase, the Entity will block off the window for a set amount of time. The blockage only affects the Survivor that activated it. Other Survivors and the Killer can still climb through the window without trouble.
An injured Survivor in the middle of the vaulting animation can be grabbed by the Killer and directly hoisted onto their shoulders, by tapping the attack button.
If a Survivor vaults a blocked window just as it becomes unblocked near the killer, it will be blocked on the first vault, as opposed to the three vaults. The Survivor must either wait the equivalent of the Entity block timer while it is unblocked, or have the Killer leave the area to vault three times.