|Hawkins National Laboratory|
|Of the Abyss|
|115 % | 4.6 m/s|
|92 % | 3.68 m/s|
(Of the Abyss)
460 % | 18.4 m/s
|Voice Actor Unknown|
|Slasher Character 17|
It was introduced as the Killer of CHAPTER XIII: Stranger Things, a Chapter DLC released on 17 September 2019.
It originates from the 2016 Sci-Fi-Horror Web Television series Stranger Things.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Lore
- 3 The Demogorgon's Perks
- 4 Load-out
- 5 Achievements
- 6 Customisation
- 7 DLC
- 8 Trivia
- 9 Gallery
The Demogorgon is an unidentified Killer, able to open multiple Portals and traverse between them to cover large distances. Using its Power, Of the Abyss, it can detect any Survivors within a close proximity to the Portals then unleash a leaping attack to inflict damage from a distance. Its personal Perks, Surge , Mindbreaker , and Cruel Limits , impact the environment close to Generators and affect nearby Survivors in unexpected ways.
Difficulty rating Intermediate
(based on the amount of time and effort that is required to properly learn to play it and use its Power effectively)
A blooming mouth full of needle-like teeth for a face, large, curved, razor-sharp claws, and powerful legs to pounce on victims, make The Demogorgon a frightening monster to face in any dimension. It is a nightmare of unrestrained, feral rage as it hunts down its prey and rips it to pieces, devouring every last morsel of flesh and gore, leaving nothing for scavengers. The creature is untouched by any sense of compassion or restraint. Looming over its victim, it shows no doubt or mercy, just the pure instinct of its insatiable blood lust as it delivers the deathblow. A perfect hunter, The Demogorgon is a macabre testament to the horrors lurking in the Upside Down and why it was choice pickings for The Entity.
These are Perks which start off only appearing in The Demogorgon's Bloodweb . After achieving Level 30, Teachable versions of these Perks can be found:
- Surge - Level 30
- Mindbreaker - Level 35
- Cruel Limits - Level 40
Once obtained, other Killers will be able to find The Demogorgon's Perks in their respective Bloodwebs from that point onwards.
A gargantuan hand of immense strength. Its long fingers can brutalise prey.
- The Demogorgon can set up to 6 Portals by default (up to 8 Portals with Add-ons).
- Portals can only be set at least 8 metres away from each other, 4 metres from Hooks and Exit Gate Switches, and 2.5 metres from Pallets.
- Portals have a default Effect radius of 4 metres and can be dug up by to 4 Survivors simultaneously.
- Portals emit sounds within a range of 8 metres.
- If a Survivor is sealing off a portal, the Aura of this Portal will be revealed to all other Survivors.
- Survivors sealing off a Portal will be faced with Skill Checks . However, these don't have a Great Skill Check area.
- It takes one Survivor 12 seconds to dig a Portal up.
- If multiple Survivors perform this interaction, an efficiency penalty of 33 % (2 Survivors) or 50 % (3+ Survivors) is applied to that action speed.
- It takes The Demogorgon 1 second to set a Portal.
- It takes The Demogorgon 1.5 seconds to enter a Portal.
- The default Power Recovery takes 14 seconds.
- The default post-Teleportation Stealth lasts for 2 seconds.
- The time taken to travel from one Portal to another ranges from 1.5 to 3 seconds depending on the distance that is being traveled.
- The Demogorgon traverses the Upside Down at a speed of roughly 425% or 17 m/s without the use of any Add-ons.
- It takes The Demogorgon 1 second to fully charge Shred.
- The default Shred cool-down lasts for 2.25 seconds.
- If Shred hits a Pallet, the cool-down will last for 2 seconds.
- If Shred hits a Survivor, the cool-down will last for 3 seconds.
- Shred must be charged to at least 65 % to ensue in a pounce, otherwise The Demogorgon will perform a normal Lunge.
- Shred increases The Demogorgon's Field of View by 15 ° and boosts his Movement speed to 460 % or 18.4 m/s, for a maximum distance of 11 metres.
- Shred will go forward about 8.89 to 11.65 meters over a period of 0.483 to 0.633 seconds.
- Main article: Achievements
There are currently 2 Achievements related to The Demogorgon. Template:AchKiller
Players may customise their Character by choosing one outfit style from each category. Blood-stained attire is obtained after The Demogorgon reaches Level 50 and prestiges.
The Demogorgon's attire includes:
- Main article: Downloadable Content
The Demogorgon is currently part of 1 DLC package:
- 魔神 is the first non-human Killer featured in Dead by Daylight , as all previous Killers were human in their previous life.
- 魔神 is the tenth licensed Character to be introduced to Dead by Daylight .
- It is the sixth licensed Killer to be introduced.
- 魔神 featured in Dead by Daylight was modelled after the Demogorgon seen in a post-credit scene of the last episode of Stranger Things' Season 3.
- 魔神 is the second killer to have a unique terror radius and chase music, the first being The Shape .
- 魔神 is the third Killer to break Generators and Pallets with its hands, albeit using both of them.
- 魔神 is the fourth Killer to be able to teleport.
- Unlike most other tall Killers, 魔神 does not step, but rather crawls through Windows to get to the other side.
- 魔神 is one of a few Killers to have a unique Hatch-closing animation.
- 魔神's footsteps can be heard within a radius of 16 metres.
- The name of 魔神's Power, Of the Abyss, may be a direct reference to Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition, as Demogorgon in Dungeons and Dragons appears as an enemy in the adventure "Out of the Abyss"
For more go to The Demogorgon's Gallery