2020年3月25日 23:00 - 2020年4月15日 23:00
|115 % | 4.6 m/s|
|86.25 % | 3.45 m/s|
195.5 % | 7.82 m/s (Demon Dash)
He was introduced as the Killer of CHAPTER XIV: Cursed Legacy, a Chapter DLC released on 3 December 2019.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Lore
- 3 The Oni's Perks
- 4 Load-out
- 5 Achievements
- 6 Customisation
- 7 DLC
- 8 Trivia
- 9 Gallery
The Oni is a monstrous Killer, able to absorb the blood energy of his injured foes, and then use that energy to transform into a brutal demon. Using his power, Yamaoka's Wrath, he can rush down Survivors at great speed and deal deadly strikes with his Kanabō. Its personal Perks, Zanshin Tactics , Blood Echo , and Nemesis , provide navigational information, punish injured Survivors, and gain advantages over those that interfere.
Difficulty rating: Hard
(based on the amount of time and effort that is required to properly learn to play him and use his Power effectively)
Honouring his family name was never enough for Kazan Yamaoka. He wanted to surpass his father's reputation and end what he saw as the thinning of samurai culture with farmers often posing as samurai. His father tried to turn Kazan's attention to more noble pursuits, but Kazan refused to heed his advice, and borrowing his father's Katana, he embarked on a dark pilgrimage to prove his worth and rid Japan of impostors. Ignoring the code that had been taught to him, Kazan killed impostors in the hills and the valleys, on the beaches and in the woodland. The killings were brutal, cruel and morbid. He humiliated farmers and warriors alike, yanking off their topknots and stripping them of their armour. His rage, bloodlust and perverse sense of honour knew no bounds. Monks believed he was possessed by something dark and otherworldly and cursed him while a noble lord began to call him 'Oni-Yamaoka,' the rageful Samurai, an insult both to Kazan and his family.
Determined to redeem his family's name, Kazan now butchered anyone who dared call him Oni-Yamaoka. The insult confused him. He had defeated the best and he had purified the samurai class by ridding the land of impostors. How could anyone refer to him as an ogre? Had it been because he had marched onto a battlefield to cut down the fiercest warriors. Had it been because he had taken a Kanabo and dashed hundreds of skulls with it? Or had it been because of his need to secure a 'trophy' from his victims. It didn't matter. Being called an ogre was more than he could bear and an ominous voice in his head urged him to strike down the lord who had desecrated his name.
As Kazan made for the lord's town, he suddenly found himself face to face with a samurai standing on a dirt road, blocking his way. Kazan readied his Kanabo. Without a word, the samurai attacked and quickly secured the upper hand. But he hesitated. With a devastating blow, Kazan crushed the samurai's head and cracked his helmet. As Kazan approached the fallen samurai, he saw his father's face and staggered back to his haunches. His father stared at Kazan with mingled shame and regret as he issued his last breath. Kazan closed his eyes and screamed in agony until he could scream no more. When he opened his eyes again... his father was gone. Not only had he killed his father, but he had allowed thieves to steal his body for armour.
Bitter, lost and disillusioned, Kazan roamed the land aimlessly with his father's voice rattling in his head, taunting him, reminding him of his failures, sending him into fits of uncontrollable black rage. One day, walking in the woods, Kazan happened upon an Oni statue. He stopped and stood motionless for a long moment. The weathered and overgrown statue seemed to be ridiculing him, accusing him of being the impostor samurai he had so desperately sought to destroy. Kazan shook the laughing voice out of his head and half remembered the lord who had ridiculed him as 'Oni-Yamaoka.
With renewed anger, Kazan journeyed to a town high up in the snowy mountains where the lord resided. A dozen samurai met Kazan at the gates of the town. A dozen samurai fell to his Kanabo. His speed and strength were unmatched. His rage was incomprehensible. Covered in blood and gore, Kazan battled through the town and soon found the lord hiding in a villa. He dragged him out of a cabinet, sliced his tendons to immobilise him and watched him beg and squirm like a dog. Without hesitation, he thrust his fist into the lord’s mouth and yanked out the wicked tongue that had desecrated his name.
Satisfied, Kazan exited the villa to find himself surrounded by dozens of farmers wielding rusted scythes, sharp pitchforks, and heavy clubs. He survived the first few assaults, but there were too many attackers coming from every direction. Within moments Kazan was on the ground staring at a cold, indifferent, darkening sky as farmers took turns stabbing and torturing the 'Oni' who had butchered their beloved lord. The frenzied mob dragged Kazan into a small stone mill to continue the torture and finally left him to die a slow, agonising death. When they returned, the mill was filled with a strange black fog and Kazan’s body and the Kanabo were nowhere to be found. It was the beginning of a dark legend about a rageful Oni haunting the town.
These are Perks which start off only appearing in The Oni's Bloodweb . After achieving Level 30, Teachable versions of these Perks can be found:
- Zanshin Tactics - Level 30
- Blood Echo - Level 35
- Nemesis - Level 40
Once obtained, other Killers will be able to find The Oni's Perks in their respective Bloodwebs from that point onwards.
A long blade that was passed down from one generation to the next.
- Blood Fury requires 100 Charges and takes 3 seconds.
- The Oni passively gains Charges at a rate of 0.2 c/s whereas Blood Orbs yield 2.5 Charges each.
- The passive gain stops at 98 Charges, requiring The Oni to actively absorb one last Blood Orb to fill the Power Gauge.
- While in Blood Fury, Charges deplete at a rate of -2.2 c/s, making it last for a maximum of 45.45 seconds.
- Activating Demon Dash takes 2 seconds.
- Ending Demon Dash will incur a cool-down of 1 second.
- Injuring a Survivor yields 40 Charges.
- Downing a Survivor will remove 7 seconds from the duration of Bloody Fury.
- Picking up a Survivor will cancel Blood Fury, but not remove any remaining Charges.
- Blood Orbs are absorbed by The Oni at a distance of 0.5 metres and visible to him within 35 metres.
- Their Aura however is only visible within a range of 8 metres.
- Blood Orb are attracted to The Oni within a range of 6 metres and visible in a 45° cone in his Field of View.
- If these conditions are met, they will move towards The Oni at a speed of 10 m/s.
- Blood Orbs are capped to a maximum of 100 Blood Orbs throughout the Map at any given time.
- Survivors are forced to drop Blood Orbs within a range of 8 metres to The Oni when he is in Absorption mode.
- Injured Survivors passively drop 2 Blood Orbs every 4 seconds when The Oni is in Absorption mode.
- Unhooked Survivors do not drop any Blood Orbs for 10 seconds (or until the Safe Unhook Score Event was triggered).
- Injured Survivors also drop a certain number of Blood Orbs while performing various actions:
|Action||Blood Orbs dropped|
|Missing a Skill Check|
|Dropping a Pallet|
|Exiting a Locker|
- Main article: Achievements
There is currently 2 Achievements related to The Oni. Template:AchKiller
Players may customise their Character by choosing one outfit style from each category. Blood-stained attire is obtained after The Oni reaches Level 50 and prestiges.
The Oni's attire includes:
- Main article: Downloadable Content
The Oni is currently part of 1 DLC package:
- An Oni is a demonic creature popular in Japanese folklore. The name has several meanings across Asian cultures; however, the most common ones are "spirit/soul of the dead", "evil spectre" or "ancestral spirit".
- The latter one fits well with Dead by Daylight's Lore describing The Oni as a direct ancestor to The Spirit.
- In accordance with some Add-on descriptions of Yamaoka's Wrath, Kazan had a son called "Akito".
- The Oni is the third Killer to have a special chase music.
- The Oni is the fourth Killer to be able to break Generators and Pallets with their Weapon, but only when Blood Fury is active.
- The Oni currently has the most weapon cleansing animations of any Killer, having a total of 4 unique animations.
- 鬼武者 is Rin's great-great-great-great-great grandfather.
For more go to The Oni's Gallery